woensdag 16 januari 2013

Tube scarfs for boys & girls



This post is part of the Stretch Yourself Series hosted by Miriam of Mad Mim and Miranda of One Little Minute. They are doing a wonderful series on sewing with knits. They asked me if I wanted to do a project with knits so today I'll show you how to use fabric paint on knits. The other guest poster on this category is Anna from Paunnet so make sure you check out her blog as well.

Ready to make some tube scarfs for boys and girls (or yourself) ? Here we go!

PicMonkey Collage

1
1. Get your tools ready. My fabric was 150 cm long and 75 cm wide.

3
2. Make a drawing on an eraser and carve the stamps. 

4
3. Put some paint on the stamp. Try first on a piece of fabric so you'll know how much paint to use.

5
4. Start stamping. I made clouds and apples.

6
5. When you're finished stamping, let the paint dry and iron well. This makes sure that the paint stays on and doesn't come off in the washing machine.

8
6. Now you're ready to sew the scarfs. Put the long ends of the fabric together (wrong sides facing) and sew. You've created a tube. Make sure you leave an opening so you can turn the scarf inside out later.

9
7. Now put the two ends of the tube together (right sides facing) and sew. This can be a bit tricky. Turn and sew the opening closed by hand.

DSC06462
8. Put it on and enjoy your work.

Pin It!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. What a cute scarf (and cute model ;))

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat mooi! Wat een stoer manneke! Liefs Marcella

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love these scarves! So darling. Thank you for sharing! xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've never used the tube technique before, I love the idea of no seams exposed! These are so adorable, I'm so glad you participated! You are seriously one of my sewing heroes:)
    And you're little man? SOOOO handsome.
    Mim

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I love stamping fabric, it's so much fun- I hate the ironing part! Yours came out so cute- love it, love it all! I'll have to try the tube scarf next time...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen